Monday 6 October 2014

Rice bubble squares


FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL, FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!   I don't know about you but I certainly enjoyed the peace around my house today.  I still have my 3 year old at home with me but it is much quieter than having all 3 kids home.

If you  are looking for a great lunchbox recipe, I have the perfect one for you.  10 mins, one bowl with no baking - everything you could want!   I love making these for my children’s lunchboxes as it is something I can quickly whip up after dinner and have it ready for the following day. They are a much cheaper alternative to LCM bars and your kids will love them!

Enjoy,
Amanda xx



RICE BUBBLE SQUARES

·        100g marshmallows
·        100g butter
·         3 cups rice bubbles
·         ½ cup desiccated coconut
·         ½ cup rolled oats


1.             Line a slice tin (18cm x 28cm) with 
           baking paper.

2.           In a large microwave safe bowl, add marshmallows & butter.  Cook on high for 1 to 2 mins or until melted.  Stir to combine.

3.           Add rice bubbles, coconut & oats.  Mix until combined. 

4.           Pour into slice tin.  Flatten out to edges & press down firmly.

5.          Refrigerate overnight to set.  Cut into squares.

Storage:               - In fridge, covered for up to 1 week.  

                             - Freeze in airtight container for up to 2 months. 


No comments:

Post a Comment