Wednesday 27 August 2014

Welcome to my blog!

If you are reading this post then I assume you have checked out my new Facebook page and blog so thanks for stopping by!

My name is Amanda and I am an ALDI shopper. Sounds like a confessions doesn't it? I love cooking and for a long time I have been working on recipes that are made with only ALDI ingredients.  It has certainly made my grocery shopping a lot easier (not to mention cheaper!!) and I plan to share them with you on this page.

I converted to ALDI almost 4 years ago and haven't looked back.

Yes.. it is a little more work as you have to pack your own groceries which can be a difficult task with a few children in tow. Trust me, you get better with practice!

Yes I know... your favourite brands aren't on the shelves but it doesn't take long to realise that the ALDI brands are just as good as the ones you know and love.

But... the best part is that you save SOOO MUCH money.  Seriously! For me, this was the clincher. Even if I had to shop at night (to make it easier without the kids), the weekly savings were such a bonus at a time when we were on a tight budget.

My main goal was to try and tailor my recipes so ALDI was the only supermarket that I needed to go to. Over the last few years I have found myself visiting 2 supermarkets every time I did the groceries and it was a real pain - wasting not only time but money as I always bought things I didn't need when visiting the 2nd supermarket.

After a lot of cooking & photographing, I am ready to share so welcome to my blog!  I hope you enjoy my recipes, cook them in your homes and maybe share some of yours with me too.

Cheers
Amanda

Me with my daughter who loves cooking but only because she gets to lick the spoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment