Thursday 18 September 2014

Home made muesli

I have been making my own breakfast muesli for a long time now (maybe 7 years??) and thought some of you might be interested in making it too.  You can put in whatever you like but I prefer to use the ingredients listed below.  I sometimes add nuts but generally leave them out.

My fussy 3 year old hates Weetbix so this is his breakfast of choice and a good way of getting some fibre into him.  These ingredients go a long way and make many many containers of muesli - you'll just have to stock up on the rolled oats.

Ingredients:

  • 750g rolled oats
  • 1 cup sultanas
  • 1 cup chopped dried apricots
  • 2 cups Just Bran cereal
  • 1/4 cup seeds, nuts etc. 

Just add all together and mix to combine.  Serve with milk.



No comments:

Post a Comment